Procedure For Online Hostel Registration
Welcome to i-SASTRA – SASTRA University’s Online Toolkit on Cloud. We begin this academic year with the first cloud based application - hostel registration module. We seek your cooperation and continuous patronage to make this first of its type initiative in this country the best also. Kindly read the hostel registration procedure before you proceed for registration.
1. The hostel registration opens at 9:00a.m. on June 10, 2012.
2. All ineligible students were placed in three categories –
- Category 1 – Absent on less than 3 occasions without prior permission. Those who have sent e-mail requests will be considered for registration.
- Category 2 – Absent on more than 3 occasions without prior permission. Though we have made you ineligible, we have decided to consider your e-mail requests.After considering requests made by students in Category 1 & 2, they have either been made eligible for online registration or we shall allot rooms manually or their request has not been considered in the positive. Status can be checked on June 8 morning.
- Category 3 – Those who have fallen short of attendance both the semesters during the academic year 2011-12 are not eligible for hostel. In addition, we have assumed that students placed in Category 1 or 2 and not sent any requests to Dr.B.Shanthi by e-mail are not interested in hostel accommodation.
3. Click on the link titled “Online Hostel Registration”
5. Logout and Login using the new password.
6. Steps 3, 4 & 5 have to be successfully completed and only then you are eligible for registration.
7. After logging into the module, click Start Panel on the left bottom
8. Click on Self-Service
9. Click on Hostel
10. Click Apply Hostel and submit your choice based on availability
11. After successfully submitting, your choice will be processed and list of students with room details will be available online from June 11, 2012. Based on the allotment, required fee must be paid online using CUB online service. Kindly note that hostel fee can be paid only if tuition fee is paid. All students are advised to pay tuition fee before paying the hostel fee. For those, studying under educational loan from banks, a DD along with loan sanction letter need to be submitted at the Accounts Office before 5:00p.m. on June 25, 2012.
12. Rooms can be occupied from 2:00 p.m. on June 24, 2012. No mutual room change will be permitted under any circumstances and any violation of hostel rules & regulations will lead to expulsion from hostel.
We wish you a successful 2012-13 and solicit your cooperation in making i-SASTRA a phenomenal success. This is just the beginning and there is more to come.
Dean – Student Affairs