THANJAVUR – 613 401
INSTRUCTIONS TO GRADUANDS
advised to follow the instructions as detailed below:
1. The convocation function will commence at 10:35a.m. on
August 14, 2010
2. Registration for the convocation function will begin at 7:30.
and will close at 9:30a.m.
No registration will be entertained after 9:30a.m.. This is
applicable for all the graduands who have previously registered
online to attend the convocation only. Those who have not registered
online will not be eligible for registration at the venue.
3. Graduands are advised to go to the respective class rooms in
VIDYA VIHAR Block, as indicated below for registration.
School Hall No.
Civil & Mechanical Engg.
Electrical & Electronics
Engg. – EEE&EIE VDV 102
Electrical & Electronics
Engg. - ECE VDV 103
Computing - CSE
Computing – IT & ICT
Biotechnology VDV 106
M. Tech. (5 Yrs & 2 Yrs) /
M. Pharm. / M. Sc. VDV 107
MCA/MBA/B.Com (CA) VDV
5. Graduands after completing the Registration in their respective
rooms, will collect their gowns and hoods in the same class rooms on
payment of Rs.200/-, which is refundable (after deducting a rental
fee of Rs.50/=) on proper return at the same place of collection.
6. After collecting the gowns and hoods, the graduands are advised
to assemble in the road between Jiva Chaitanya block and Central
Library between 9:30a.m.and 9:45a.m. You are advised to assemble
in the order as given in the booklet, a copy of which will be given
during the registration.
7. The convocation procession will start at 9:45a.m.. and graduands
are advised to occupy seats by 10:00 a.m. in the respective zones
allotted. This is to be meticulously followed to avoid any confusion
8. The graduands are advised to return to their respective seats
after receiving the degree folder and they should not leave the
convocation venue till the function is over.
9. Gowns and hoods should be returned in the same room
from where it was collected and graduates are advised to collect their snacks.
10. Registration for keepsake personal copy of the photo can be done
after the convocation function on payment of Rs.125/- (inclusive of
postal charges) at Indoor Stadium. The officially appointed
photographer will ensure that photos are dispatched to the address
given in the registration form. Kindly visit
www.sastra.edu after the convocation for dispatch formalities.
We seek your cooperation for the smooth conduct of the Convocation
and discourage you from making any procedural deviations. Please be
prepared to stay till 2:00 p.m. and plan your return trip
Wishing you good luck.