SASTRA UNIVERSITY was founded in the year 1984 as Shanmugha Engineering college and later was renamed as Shanmugha Arts Science Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA) when it was given the status of Deemed university in 2001. The campus area nourished with over 10,000 students and 700 teaching faculty has made it a landmark in educational map of India.
It has carved a niche for itself as a centre for fostering and developing the body, the mind, the spirit of its students. SASTRA is totally committed to this three- fold flowering of the students entrusted to its care. Our blend of academic excellence and real world experience with moral values has earned SASTRA, national recognition. A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 30,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 10,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India.
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is an international organization which intends to bring engineers from different aspects of engineering on a common platform to enlighten them about various innovations and developments in the field of engineering. It promotes the art, science & practice of multidisciplinary engineering & allied sciences around the globe.
We at ASME-SASTRA student section find that “The best way to predict the future, is to create it” and we strive to learn and embrace the technological advancements by having practical experience which is made possible by the means of various events and talks that are conducted on our campus, encouraging the innovative ideas from the student members and student fraternity of our campus.
WHAT WE DO
- Help in holistic development of the student.
- Promote technical and professional competence among students of SASTRA.
- Come up with innovative and creative solutions to overcome challenges.
- Promote and spread awareness about engineering and technology.
WHY JOIN US?
- Build a network with other engineers all over the globe.
- We are the best platform to learn about new technologies.
- Participate in International Technical Events like ASME E-Fest.
- Discover many chances to get internships, workshops, IV’s, Research opportunities, etc.