Graduands are advised to follow the instructions as detailed below:
1. The convocation function will commence at 10:35a.m. on August 14, 2010
2. Registration for the convocation function will begin at 7:30. and will close at 9:30a.m.
No registration will be entertained after 9:30a.m.. This is applicable for all the graduands who have previously registered online to attend the convocation only. Those who have not registered online will not be eligible for registration at the venue.
3. Graduands are advised to go to the respective class rooms in VIDYA VIHAR Block, as indicated below for registration.
Graduands of School Hall No.
Civil & Mechanical Engg. VDV 101
Electrical & Electronics Engg. – EEE&EIE VDV 102
Electrical & Electronics Engg. - ECE VDV 103
Computing - CSE VDV 104
Computing – IT & ICT VDV 105
Chemical & Biotechnology VDV 106
M. Tech. (5 Yrs & 2 Yrs) / M. Pharm. / M. Sc. VDV 107
MCA/MBA/B.Com (CA) VDV 108
5. Graduands after completing the Registration in their respective rooms, will collect their gowns and hoods in the same class rooms on payment of Rs.200/-, which is refundable (after deducting a rental fee of Rs.50/=) on proper return at the same place of collection.
6. After collecting the gowns and hoods, the graduands are advised to assemble in the road between Jiva Chaitanya block and Central Library between 9:30a.m.and 9:45a.m. You are advised to assemble in the order as given in the booklet, a copy of which will be given during the registration.
7. The convocation procession will start at 9:45a.m.. and graduands are advised to occupy seats by 10:00 a.m. in the respective zones allotted. This is to be meticulously followed to avoid any confusion and delay.
8. The graduands are advised to return to their respective seats after receiving the degree folder and they should not leave the convocation venue till the function is over.
9. Gowns and hoods should be returned in the same room from where it was collected and graduates are advised to collect their snacks.
10. Registration for keepsake personal copy of the photo can be done after the convocation function on payment of Rs.125/- (inclusive of postal charges) at Indoor Stadium. The officially appointed photographer will ensure that photos are dispatched to the address given in the registration form. Kindly visit www.sastra.edu after the convocation for dispatch formalities.
We seek your cooperation for the smooth conduct of the Convocation and discourage you from making any procedural deviations. Please be prepared to stay till 2:00 p.m. and plan your return trip accordingly.
Wishing you good luck.