XXXV CONVOCATION - OCTOBER 16, 2021
SASTRA Deemed University
XXXV CONVOCATION - 2021
September 27, 2021
Dear 2021 Graduand,
The 35th Convocation of SASTRA Deemed University will be held on Saturday the 16th October 2021 at 4:30 p.m. One of the country’s top scientists will deliver the Convocation address and Award the degrees & awards in person.
The following instructions shall be noted and adhered to:
- All precautions against COVID-19 such as social distancing, wearing of face mask shall be observed throughout the proceedings.
- Ph.D. Graduands of 2021, Special Awardees and Best Outgoing students of the 2021 graduating batch from each School alone are allowed to receive the degree in person, if they so desire.
- Graduands who are eligible to receive the degree in person shall register online for confirmation of their participation in person. Please note that it is optional and the decision to come in person is entirely yours. The online registration will open on 4th October, 2021 (Monday) will close on 9th October (Saturday) at 5 p.m.
- List of graduands eligible to receive their degree in person will be displayed on the SASTRA website on October 4, 2021.
- Graduands attending the convocation shall be permitted to enter the campus after ensuring all precautions against COVID-19. If any graduand is found to have symptoms of COVID-19 such as high temperature or not complying with COVID safety precautions, he or she shall not be permitted to enter the campus.
- The graduand will be allowed to enter the campus on the day of convocation, two hours before the commencement of the convocation for registration & tea. No other accompanying person will be permitted inside the campus. After the conclusion of the function, snacks will be provided to the graduands.
- Request from the graduands for stay in campus, either in guest house or in the students’ home will not be entertained for any reason whatsoever.
- During the convocation proceedings, each graduand will receive the degree strictly following COVID protocols
- The attire for the graduands attending the Convocation in person and receiving their degree will be: Cotton saree for female graduands and Khurta and Pyjama for the male graduands. Strol will be provided on the day of the Convocation.
- All other graduands belonging to graduating batch of 2021 will be conferred with their degrees in absentia. Registration for receiving degree through post will be open on the University website from October 20, 2021. Students shall register online with their correct postal address and contact details. Degree certificates will be dispatched through speed post for all other graduands of the graduating batch 2021, from November 8, 2021 onwards. In-person collection of the degree certificate at campus through authorised representative shall also be entertained from October 25, 2021. Online registration for the same shall aso commence from October 20, 2021.
The entire convocation proceedings shall be streamed live at SASTRA YouTube channel and can be accessed at www.sastra.edu
Wishing you all Good Luck and Safe Stay