Training & Placements
Recognizing the complexity of the career planning process and the myriad of options available to graduates, the Department of Training & Placement conducts programmes that offer various services to meet the professional development needs of students. The department partners with students in the process of career management. This starts with self assessment and leads to identifying a career that meets individual goals. Throughout the year, senior executives and alumni from a variety of business participate in scheduled informal discussions on industry and career trends. Representatives share practical advice and insights gained from their own backgrounds and experiences.
The uniqueness of the training curriculum is that the programme is meticulously planned with a structured and progressive syllabus that facilitates holistic development of the students' personality.
Activities of the department are:
- Developing verbal and non-verbal communications
- Enhancing public speaking skills
- Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty Programme
- Programs Providing career guidance
- Administering aptitude and psychological tests
- Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
- Organizing entrepreneurship promotion programmes
- Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work from industries
- Assisting for GRE, GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment
- Arranging on and off campus recruitments
Some Proud Employers of SASTRA Graduates
A majority of the students, who do not join companies for employment, proceed for higher studies either in India or abroad. Some of the Universities that are proud hosts of the SASTRA graduates are: