Compliance of the Deemed University in response to MHRD’s order No.F.4-30/2009
– U.I(A) Dt. 17th July 2009 and UGC Letter No.F.6-1(7)/2006(CPP-I) Dt. 7th August 2009
for disclosure of information in public interest.
- Information relating to availability of infrastructure and Physical assets
Click the following links for overview of the infrastructure and physical facilities :
- Information regarding grants-in-aid provided by the central Government or the state government or by any agency assisted by the Central Government or State Government and its utilization thereof;
SASTRA Deemed University is not under the Grant-in-aid scheme of the Central / State Government.
Click here for ongoing government agencies sponsored research projects. This list does not include projects funded by private and other non-governmental agencies.
- Information regarding the admission criteria and the process of admissions in respect of all courses of study, whether degree or diploma, and whether by regular mode or distance mode (with the approval of the UGC-AICTE-DEC Joint Committee)
Understand the uniquely followed merit based transparent admission policy of SASTRA Deemed University
Sample FAQ released during the admission time to ensure transparency and protecting students and parents from touts -
Admissions - FAQ
The B.Ed. programme in Distant Education mode is approved by the NCTE and DEC, IGNOU.
- Information regarding details of faculty positions in each of the schools / faculties comprising part of such university/institution along with the Photographs of such faculty members and the nature of their employment, whether regular, temporary, visiting or guest.
Click relevant links for faculty info.
School of Mechanical Engineering
School of Humanities & Science
All the faculty members listed are full-time faculty only. Adjunct/Visiting faculty not listed.
- Information regarding the fee structures, including all its components, chargeable in respect of the pursuit of any course of study whether degree or diploma and whether by the regular mode or distance mode (with the approval of the UGC-AICTE-DEC Joint Committee)
Click the following links for the tuition and other chargeable fee details for all the face-to-face and distant education programmes offered:
- Information regarding academic curricula in respect of the courses offered, whether degree or diploma
Understand the curricular structure for all the ongoing degree programmes.
The 4-year B.Tech. programme is spread over 8 semesters. Students have to successfully earn 243 credits for the B.Tech. degree. The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for the students in the B.Tech. programme has been in vogue at SASTRA University from the academic year 2008-09. This system gives students the opportunity to select from a portfolio of courses which are designated under three different heads. Every student mandatorily has to register for the core courses (60%) and the remaining courses are offered as department electives (30%) and open electives (10%). The department electives provide choice to the students to pursue on specific areas of interest in the chosen engineering discipline. The open electives provide the interdisciplinary flavour with a view to provide an overall perspective to engineering study. Open elective course range from management courses like Finance for Engineers, Marketing Research to unique courses like Vedic Mathematics, Entrepreneurship, etc. The students also have the opportunity to finish their B.Tech. course work in 3.5 years through an accelerated course registration system (ACRS) resulting in the entire 8th semester for meaningful internship in premier research labs, universities and companies in both India and abroad. This unique opportunity has resulted in SASTRA being able to send the maximum number of students under the Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS) fellowships for the last two consecutive years.
The 5-Year integrated M.Tech. degree programmes are designed with an intention to provide quality workforce to research and teaching institutions. The students will be with the regular B.Tech. students of the parent discipline till the end of 7th semester and branches to enrol for PG level courses in the 8th & 9th semesters with the 10th semester exclusively for project work.
- Information regarding all study centres, and its locations thereof, opened by the universities and institutions to impart distance education (with the approval of the UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee
Not applicable as SASTRA has not opened any study centre on its own.
- SASTRA Deemed University