Phase 1 Campus Re-opening & Vacating Hostel
SASTRA DEEMED UNIVERSITY
RE-OPENING SCHEDULE – FIRST PHASE FOR Ph.D. & FINAL YEAR PG STUDENTS & HOSTEL VACATING PROCEDURE FOR OTHER STUDENTS
Pursuant to the UGC Guidelines and the TN Government SOP for HEI campus re-opening, face to face & full-time academic activities for Ph.D. scholars and final year students of all the PG programmes (main & SRC campus) shall commence from December 7, 2020. While some Ph.D. scholars have stayed back on campus and some started returning after the partial lifting of lockdown, the re-opening for all is w.e.f. December 7, 2020. Following shall be the guidelines to be followed:
- Students staying outside the campus are advised to return to their places of stay, one-week prior to the re-opening and be in self-quarantine
- Hostel students are advised to report to campus on November 30, 2020 and stay indoors
- The academic schedule for all the final year M.Tech., 5-Year Integrated M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Sc., & M.Com. students in main & SRC campus shall be as follows:
December 7 to 23, 2020 (Saturday working) – Lab sessions / project Phase 1 review /optional doubt clarifications. Detailed schedule will be available on December 4, 2020. For programmes that do not have a lab course, faculty shall be following the online class schedule for optional refresher / doubt clarification sessions
- December 21 to 31, 2020 – Regular & arrear exams for even semester courses. Time table shall be available on December 10, 2020
- All regular exams shall be of 3 hours duration and arrear exams of 90 minutes duration. Regular exams carry 75% weightage while arrear exams carry 50% weightage for the final grades calculation purposes
- Students are advised to attend the lab sessions & exams without fail. No compensation lab sessions or exams shall be conducted and students missing the exams can appear for the same only when it is offered next during in normal schedule. No online exams shall be conducted
- Anticipating staggered opening for other students in the B.Tech. & UG programmes during December 2020 based on competent authority’s advisory, hostel is available only for this limited period and cannot be quoted a precedent for future requirement. No hostel for Ph.D. scholars who are staying outside as day scholars hitherto
- Students shall be allowed entry only after all COVID safety protocols are complied with – mask, hand sanitiser and no COVID symptoms. Students need to bring an undertaking letter addressed to the Registrar (jointly signed by parent) that they shall follow all COVID safety guidelines & stay indoors (hostelers) and failure to do so will result in them leaving the campus until further orders
- All other students who want to vacate the hostel (not compulsory) may do so on any day between 9:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. and will be allowed entry only if they are found to be following all safety guidelines. This open permission to vacate hostel shall be withdrawn if there is any change due to staggered opening later.
We advise all students to exercise maximum caution while travelling and resort to travel in own vehicles to maximum possible extent and extend full cooperation with the university authorities during these tough times. We wish you safe travels and pray for speedy restoration of normalcy as we eagerly look forward to see you all soon.